My Timeout Book Blog

My Timeout Book Blog

Apr 17, 2017

Guest Post & Except Reveal ~Never Be Tamed: A Steamy Bad Girl Romance by Clare James


Never Be Tamed: A Steamy Bad Girl Romance by Clare James

Date of Publication: April 10, 2017

Blurb

Falling for your sister's nemesis?

Only a low-life dog would do something like that, right? And that ain't me, not anymore. I mean here I am, trying to be a stand-up guy for once in my freaking life—I'm finally making smart decisions, helping my little sister, and getting my shit together.

For once, things are finally going my way…until Jenna shows up.

As soon as I meet her, I know she's the enemy. I've heard enough to understand that she's off limits. Banned. Forbidden. Not for me!

She's the bad girl I have to stay away from if I want to keep my family intact. So I try. Trust me, I REALLY try. But it's not as easy as you'd think, and surprisingly, I discover that she's not as bad as everyone says.

Of course, she's difficult, selfish, and a royal pain in the ass, but she's also gorgeous, smart, kind, and…well, let's just say I am that low-life dog. Traitor. Turncoat. And the world's shittiest brother.

Woof. Woof.

Never Be Tamed is a hot and hilarious full-length stand-alone that can be read on its own or as part of The Impossible Love Series.


Excusive Excerpt

Jenna made my blood boil, and had every hair on my body standing on edge. She was this heat. This awareness. And hell if the past few weeks had helped matters.

No, it only intensified the feelings. The thoughts. Shit, the way she invaded my brain whenever I was trying to alleviate the pressure behind my fly.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked, practically stumbling over her words. And Jenna didn’t stumble.
I was happy to know that I had an effect on her as well.

“I think you know,” I told her, not changing the expression on my face.

I knew damn well what she was seeing. Pure want. Pure need. Good. She should finally know what she was doing to me.

“I thought you didn’t like coy, Michael?”

Okay, so the snark was back—the Jenna I’d come to know. This was all her, the real her, without all the pretense, the clothes and hair, and presentation. And I’d take the understated Jenna any day of the week. The natural face with that porcelain skin that made her look younger and more innocent, than she was. The pert nose and those calculating eyes, but now they weren’t so much calculating as they were careful—fully assessing our situation.

And yes, it sure as shit was a situation.

One we’d take care of one way or another.



Available From


About Clare James


Clare James writes steamy contemporary romance and new adult stories, penning nearly a dozen novels. Her Entangled Brazen debut, CAUGHT, was a #1 Amazon Best-Selling Romance Series, and the touching family drama, Two-Hour Truce, also hit #1 as a category bestseller on Amazon.
Clare is fan of spunky women, gorgeous guys, and super-hot romance, and spends most of her time lost in books. When she's not reading, you can find her locked away writing. Clare is also a former dancer and still loves to get her groove on – mostly to work off her beloved cupcakes and red wine. She lives in Minneapolis with her two leading men – her husband and young son – and is always on social media chatting with readers.

Writing Rituals
By Clare James
Thanks so much for having me today. I’m so excited to be dropping by some awesome blogs to celebrate the release of my new book, NEVER BE TAMED. And I know a lot of readers like a behind-the-scenes look at the making of a book, so I thought it’d be fun to talk about writing rituals.
I respect anyone who has to get into a certain mindset or has special rituals to begin their writing day. I, however, am not one of them. And for me, and some others, this idea can be paralyzing… or just another way to procrastinate.
Now if I had my choice, I’d love to write at a cabin on the water, to the sounds of waves crashing in the background. But if I did that, I’d never get anything done. So I try to spend less time thinking or preparing to write, and more time just doing it. It’s a matter of survival now that I have so many deadlines!
But … quiet always seems to work best for me. If I’m struggling, or on the rare occasion when I can make my writing session a treat, I’ll listen to music before I start for inspiration. I like to do this with certain TV shows or movie clips too. YouTube is my friend during these inspirational jags. I’ll watch a few, get my head right, and then get to work. I can’t do it often though, because before I know it, I’ve listened to an entire album or watched an entire show, without putting one word on the page. I’m a typical writer who is easily distracted and will find any reason to put off the work!
One thing I do need at my desk at all times, though, is coffee or tea and a bowl of candy. I know it’s terrible, but sugar and caffeine are my drugs of choice and I need them to make it through!
It usually takes me a while to get my first thirty pages down, due to all the noise in my head. But once I do, I get to work like a beast. All hours, during all times—as I’m cooking dinner, or watching basketball practice, even taking a bath. That is usually when the best ideas come to me, and when the plot really starts to work itself out. This is why I need the sugar and caffeine! This is also why I always carry a notebook


Find Clare James Online

Hosted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment