My Timeout Book Blog

My Timeout Book Blog

Jul 21, 2017

Author Interview~ Nicholas After You



Blurb:

~ Return to Sapphire Falls in this new novel from the little town with lots of heat and heart ~
Only one thing has not gone according to Kyle Ames’ grand life plan.
Hannah McIntire.
She was his first love, the woman he planned to make his wife, the one that got away—all that romantic crap.
Two years ago, Hannah broke his heart and ruined all of his dreams… not necessarily in that order. Which has been, well, not exactly fine, but he’s handling it because he doesn’t have to see her every day.
In fact, Kyle had kind-of hoped to keep up with the not-seeing-Hannah thing for at least a couple more years. Or a couple more decades. Or forever.
But now she’s back in town to help her grandmother, Kyle’s patient and one of his favorite people, recover from hip surgery. Okay, so two things haven’t gone according to Kyle’s plans.
It’s only for six weeks. Surely Hannah can survive living in her hometown and helping her grandmother for six short weeks. If she doesn’t leave the house any more than absolutely necessary. And puts on the show of being the same girl they all remember. And absolutely avoids Kyle Ames.
But that plan evaporates the moment she sees Kyle again. And then things get worse—way worse. Kyle plans to also put on a show too. To make Hannah’s grandmother happy, he has to pretend that he completely forgives Hannah and wants her back. He doesn’t. But he and Hannah are the only ones who know that. And the pretend seduction quickly starts feeling far too real and Hannah’s having a hard time remembering that she’s supposed to be resisting the whole thing.
And then there’s the not-so-tiny complication of falling in love with Kyle all over again. And the fact that he’s falling for her too. And that they’re both realizing that maybe this time they’re doing it right.
Buy links:

Amazon Kindle: https://goo.gl/HqJpqH
B&N Nook: https://goo.gl/rHVREu
Kobo: https://goo.gl/o4RMUe
iBooks: https://goo.gl/GUoMgW






After You
Erin Nicholas
Exclusive Q&A
Release Date 07/21/2017

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?  
You don’t have to be perfect to be loved.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your life?
Sometimes. And I think my characters often have characteristics and traits that I love and admire in others.  For instance, Jaden, the heroine in my first novel, Amanda, the heroine in She’s the One, and Hannah, the heroine in After You, are all physical therapists. I have my doctorate in Physical Therapy and practiced for about 18 years. I also write doctors and EMTs often because I’ve worked with a lot of them and know a lot about healthcare MANY of my books are set in Nebraska, which is home for me. And my Taking Chances series is about a small town hit by tornadoes and the way the community comes together (with the help of the hot emergency management guys ;) ) to rebuild and clean-up. I grew up in Tornado Alley so know about all of that first-hand as well.

What books have influenced your life most?
Oh, wow… well, I’m a life-long, avid reader so… MANY! Everything from fantasy to history to inspirational books to romance. My dad used to read the classics to me when I was a kid and I think the stories as well as the way those stories were told sunk in deep from a very young age. I just love hearing, seeing, reading and creating stories of all kinds. Whether it’s in music, movies, hearing stories from my friends about something crazy that happened at work, reading something on Facebook, or sitting down with a good book, I just love stories.

Are there any new authors that have grasp your interest?

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Absolutely!  It’s called Going Down Easy and is book one in the Boys of the Big Easy series! Coming in January!

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

How can readers discover more about you and your work?
My website and newsletter for sure! I’m also on Facebook a lot, both on my author page: ErinNicholasBooks and my Super Fan page: ErinNicholasSuperFans.


And there’s a Sapphire Falls website as well for all things about that series!  www.SapphireFalls.net


No comments:

Post a Comment